Any where in the world!
Affiliate Bootcamp Training
By: John D. Hoover Jr
The goal of your webpage is to be authorative on the subject you are writing about, and enthused to draw the reader in. How to do this is through your webpage. It should be descriptive to the product or service, singling out you as being the best, or the most knowledgeable on the subject. The webpage must be easy to read and be well built. In the following paragraphs, I will break down the most important parts of a webpage, and how to design one.
One of the first things you should be interested in is Search Engine Positioning. This is how your site is ranked on the search engines. The major factor is your Meta Tags, (The beginning of your HTML Page) enclosed with <head>data</head> tags. These have to be filled correctly to get your targeted position on a search engine. An example of Meta Tags is:
1. The title tag is the name of your page. This will be shown on a search engine as the title. It should be descriptive and accurate.
2. The description tag is the description of your website. This is the description which will be shown on a search engine. You want this to accurately describe your site with keywords in it.
3. The keywords tag are words describing your product which people will search for. There should be enough keywords on it to accurately describe your product, about 20 -30 or so. You can find keywords with the Google Keyword Suggestion Tool.
4. The revisit-after tag is how often a search engine should visit your page and index the changes. This should be enough time not to overload a search engine. Usually 7 days.
5. The robots tag tells the search engine how to treat your page, if they should index it, and follow the links.
6. The author tag is self explanatory. It should be your name or a company name.
7. The classification is the topic of your page.
8. The copyright tag tells who is the owner of a webpage.
9. The viewport is a tag which describes how to scale your webpage for smart devices. (Smart Phones, Cell phones, Etc.)
10. The shortcut icon in this example is for the small image in the URL field which you see in some web pages.
11. The </head> tag closes the Meta Tags. It should begin with <head>
12. There should be a <body> tag after the <head> tag which connects the body of your page with no spaces in between it and your content.
13. The <html> tag begins the page.
Your webpage should accurately describe your product, with keywords throughout which will get search engines to rank your page higher. Your page should also describe how the customer can obtain your product with purchasing options in clear sight. Your page should also be very easy to navigate. You should aim to make the page easy to read and understand. This will provide an enjoyable experience to the user. The page should be medium in length, which should fully describe your product or service, and establish you as the leader.
You should offer a link exchange with other website owners. This shows your website is open, and can gain search engine positioning with relevant links. Relevant links are links with a topic related to yours. Pages with many links rank higher on search engines.
The menu is the part of the webpage that really makes your page user friendly, and easy to navigate. You should have links that accurately describe your product or service, and contain keywords which standout and makes your page authoritive.
The bottom of the page is called the footer. It should contain links which give an overview of your site or a map of your site, called a sitemap. Also, there should be your company name or contact details, including a telephone number, which makes it easy for your customers to contact you.
Your content of the website should have a nice flow. There should be relevant keywords throughout and descriptive of your product or service. You should describe your product or service as though you are the leader in such a field. This makes your page overall enjoyable, and can increase your search engine positioning.
This should be a one line description of your product or service, catchy to the reader, and overall descriptive of your product of service. If your page is about oil, something you can say is "Best in the Oil Business for 40 years", which describes what you do and establishes you as a leader in the field. On our page, for Investigator 2000, we use "Find out EVERYTHING about ANY ONE" which describes our product, and is catchy to the reader. This one line phrase should be in the top left corner, or similarly spaced in the top left of page.
Also called Entry Pages, are HTML Pages which describe your product or service with a descriptive keyword. First, you find the highest traffic keywords, about 10 or so. Then, make a HTML Page about this one keyword, describing your product or service. Such as the doorway page in this example.
You can get Free Web hosting and a Free Sub domain from the following companies:
Award Space - Free Webhosting and 3 Free Subdomains (The File Manager is hard to use, however, it does work.)
Byte Host - Free Webhosting and 1 Free Subdomain
Royal Web Hosting - Free Webhosting and 3 Free Subdomains.
Specify the keyword in the sub domain, such as the one I made here for the keyword People Search: http://www.people-search.atwebpages.com. And another for the keywords Search Criminal Records Background Search: http://search-criminal-records-background-search.atwebpages.com. You can use the data on these two pages to make your doorway pages. Once you figure out how to use the File Manager it is really easy.
Once you have made a bunch of doorways, you can market them. The first thing to do is let search engines know about your pages. Submitting to search engines is easy, and free. Don't forget to use your Affiliate Link on the Doorways!
Free places to submit your doorway pages:
Entireweb Here is a short list of search engines to submit to. It is an automatic submission service, there are hundreds out there which submit automatically.
FreeWebSubmission is another Free Service.
Submit Express is another Free Service.
Free-Web-Submission.Co.Uk is another Free Service.
Submit Shop is another Free Service.
Paid places to submit your doorway pages:
1 Second - This site says it can submit your site to 1,600 Search Engines and Directories for $49.00. That is a good deal if they submit to all of them. There are thousands of paid places to submit to.
Investigator 2000 ™